Hi to all our readers! Welcome to our new article. In this situation we are going to refer to something really interesting not exactly related to the game: famous poker phrases, different uses of poker expressions to compare this fantastic game with aspects of life.
So, even when in Wincatchers we don’t usually speak about literature or philosophy, this kind of article will make you notice how poker can be related to everyday actions in life, as it can illustrate or to provide some good explanations to understand special situations in a better way. We think you will love it.
About Poker Phrases
As many popular activities, poker has achieved that the use of some phrases or expressions became part of everyday life. We are not going to refer here to special poker vocabulary such us post-flop, royal flush or squeeze in this article, we are going to deal with different phrases instead more related to common situations or pieces of advice.
Poker Quotes about Life
In order to illustrate different aspects of life or sports, there are some phrases that can give you a different approach to wisdom.
- “The two things you need to be successful in poker are, first, find the muck, and second, don’t play your own money.” David Ulliott.
- “Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he’s losing; nobody wants you to quit when you’re ahead.” Jackie Robinson.
- “Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck.” Jesse May.
- “The one who bets the most wins. Cards just break ties.” Sammy Farha.
- “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes playing a poor hand well.” Jack London.
- “I learned playing poker that you never count your winnings because that’s when you start to lose.” Kenneth Langone.
- “Most of the money you’ll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.” Lou Krieger.
Inspirational Quotes about Poker
If you think you need to find some strength to face a difficult situation in life, read the following inspirational phrases to feel yourself ecouraged.
- “Serious poker is no more about gambling than rock climbing is about taking risks.” Al Alvarez.
- “You will show your poker greatness by the hands you fold, not the hands you play.” Dan Reed.
- “Life, like poker, has an element of risk. It shouldn’t be avoided. It should be faced.” Edward Norton.
- “Poker may be a branch of psychological warfare, an art form or indeed a way of life, but it is also merely a game in which money is simply the means of keeping score.” Anthony Holden.
- “Poker is a skill game pretending to be a chance game.” James Altucher.
- “Just play every hand, you can’t miss them all.” Sammy Farha.
Poker Funny Phrases
Finally, as humor is one of the main aspects in life, we are going to share with you some funny quotes related to this game. Read carefully as some of them are really clever.
- “Avoid people with gold teeth who want to play cards.” George Carlin.
- “Poker is a lot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most don’t have a clue what they are doing.” Dutch Boyd.
- “The beautiful thing about poker is that everybody thinks they can play.” Chris Moneymaker.
- “If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time.” Phil Hellmuth.
- “The next best thing about gambling and winning is gambling and losing.” Nick Dandalos.
- “Trust everyone but always cut the cards.” Benny Binion.
- “It’s not whether you won or lost, but how many bad beat stories you were able to tell.” Grantland Rice.
- “Poker is 100% skill and 50% luck.” Phil Hellmuth.
Obviously, you don’t need to know them to know how to bet in poker, but they are interesting because you can see how poker can be present in different aspects of your life and maybe you don’t notice it. We hope you liked our special article about a different point of view from the most popular card game in the world.