Greeting to all our readers and welcome to our new article about esport games, amazing videogames to enjoy and to place your bets on. In this opportunity, we are goig to speak about League of Legends, a really giant title in the esport games 2020 market that is played in the whole planet.
When we introduce ourselves in the world of esport games, we find hundreds and hundreds of variations to start playing. Some of them are just unknown for us as they are not popular, and some others are just so popular that is almost impossible not having heard of them before. And that is the case of League of Legends.
With millions of people playing all around the globe, League of legends is, no doubt, one of the biggest esports in the world and you should definitely play it and also bet on it. To do that, remember always to look for the best online casinos with a valid license to operate in your country.
What is League of Legends?
Developed for PC and Mac OS-X, LOL is a multiplayer online battle arena video game (MOBA) created in 2009 by Riot Games. Since then, this marvelous title has become one of the biggest esports in the world thanks to its continue popularity raising.
The main secret of its success is its addictive way of playing and the amount of tournaments and variations that take place every year in the world. Currently, there are dozens of tournaments celebrated in different countries with prizes that surely will get you out of your mind.
Just to give you some idea of what we are refering to, in the best tournaments, the organisers throw around million dollar prize pools, and tickets are sold out incredibly fast. Unbelievably as it sounds, players who love the game enjoy massively their hobby in communities and gigantic groups of people whilst trying to make money.
League of Legends Gameplay
League of Legends is an impressive MOBA that allows player to compite at amateur (with friends and buddies) and professional level. In the game, you will find a melting pot of video games genres, including RPG (role-playing game) and RTS (real-time strategy), to create a really unique and attractive video game.
As a commander, you will have a third-person point of view of the field. You will command one of more than 130 champions with his or her personal skills and playstyle. You will control your champion with a wide range of tactics and strategies to defeat your opponents. A typical LOL match includes the following features:
- Teams: Two teams of 5 players each at opposing sides of the map, the Summoner’s Rift.
- Spawning pool: starting area of the game where the Nexus, the heart, is located.
- Main goal: destroy the opponent team’s nexus, protected by players and also defensive structures and obstacles.
At the beginning of the match you are weak, so you have to accumulate gold and experience to improve your team stats as much as possible, as one of the best strategies is to increase your levels rapidly and to purchase items to become competitive really fast.
Champion’s Categories in League of Legends
One of the strongest points of the game is its diversity in matters of characters. Think about it: every champion has unique skills and a particular way to be used. In spite of this, we can have a general classification according to common features to help players to understand the game better This classification is official and is provided by Riot Games:
How to bet on League of Legends Esport game
At the beginning of the article, we pointed out the popularty of LOL as an esport game, so if you want to place your bets on the game as you do in titles like Halo or World of Tanks, you will have not problem at all, so you can usually do that on the best online casinos and bookmakers of the market as in the case of Betwinner. First at all, you need be aware that there are different types of bets that you can make according to the gambling platform.
League of Legends Bet Types
Every single online esports betting site offers markets on major League of Legends tournaments, many of them straightforward and easy to understand for the average bettor and some more specific to the game’s unique format.
Here, we detail the types of bets you can place on LoL esports, based on the available markets offered by our highest rated esports betting sites.
- Match Winner: You make your bet on the result of the match, so you need to choose correctly which team is going to destroy the other team’s Nexus. According to the platform, this bet is called “match winner”, “money line” or “head to head”. You should watch closely statistics and skills before making your choice.
- First Baron or Dragon: You place your bet on the team that is able to kill the first Baron or Dragon, two neutral computer controlled enemies that you can face and defeat to get various buffs and benefits.
- First Inhibitor/Tower: You place your bet on the team able to destroy the first inhibitor or tower. There are towers and inhibitors in each line of the map, you can try to destroy them to obtain experience and gold.
- Handicap: You place your bet on the team with the best of worst handicap that wins one map in a series or wins without dropping a map.
- Outright Winner: the most common betting type that you can place on esports: You choose the winner of the tournamentor league.
All in all, League of Legends is one amazing experience to take part on when you really enjoy esport games. Great game to play, to bet on and also to enjoy, so do not miss your chance to try it. And remember putting into practice the pieces of advice that in Wincatchers we provide to our readers, so you can enjoy even better one of the best esports games ever.