Hello, fellow readers of Wincatchers. Welcome to our new review on Baccarat game. In this opportunity we a re going to refer to Baccarat Punto Banco, one of the most played variation of the game. We are going to focus especially in strategy, to giveyou some tips to take ito account to save your money and to raise your chances of winning. Let’s go with the article.
What is Baccarat Punto Banco?
Punto Banco is a variation of baccarat that, as game of chances, does not depend to much on our decisions. remember that in this version, player bets against the dealer and not against each others as in Chemin de Fer. It is said that this version was created in Argentine casinos and, in 1950s, it was introduced in the USA, changing this way the gambling world of that time. Later, Punto Banco found its way to spread through Australia and Europe.
How to Play Punto Banco
As stated before, Punto Banco is played against the dealer, just like blackjack. The name of the variation corresponds to the two main participants: Punto refers to the player and Banco to the casino, the bank. The main objective of the game is to get nine or the closest possible to nine before the other participant. As in blackjack, you shouldn’t exceed number nine.
Just like in the other baccarat versions, there are some cards that have zero value in this game: 10, J, Q, K. Aces, obviously have a value of one and the rest of the cards bring the same points as their face values, so seven worth seven, two worth two, etc.
In order to calculate the value of a hand you should consider the sum of the value of the first two cards drawn. In case of the sum of them gives as a result a two-digit number, ten is subtracted. For instance, if you get an 8 and a 7, the total hand value is 5, as 8+7=15 and 15 – 10 = 5.
Punto Banco is played at large baccarat tables as the game can be played up to 14 players, 1 banker and 2 dealers. Naturally, the size of the table depends on the size of the room in regular gambling sites. Even though it shouldn’t be a problem in the online version of the game, you can choose to play mini-baccarat if you want.
On the baccarat table, you will see that there are two spaces designed for bets on the Punto and on the Banco. It’s possible to find a third space which is used for tie bets. In general, six to eight decks are shuffled by the dealer each round.
Hot to Draw Additional Cards
Additional cards can be drawn in the game taking into account certain conditions. Let’s dive in the requirements for players and por the dealer.
For the Punto:
- If the player’s hand has a total value below six (0-5), a third card is drawn.
- if the total is six or seven, the player has to stand.
- If the hand is eight or nine, the player is the winner.
The conditions for the banker are a little more complicated. Let’s see them.
For the Banco:
- If the banker’s hand has a total value below 4 (0-3), a third card is drawn no matter the player’s hand.
- If the banker’s hand has a total value four, a third card is drawn only if the player’s hand is two to seven.
- If the banker’s hand has a total value of five, a card is drawn and only if the value of the player’s hand is four to seven.
- If the banker’s hand has a total value of six and the layer’s hand is six or seven, the Banco is allowed for a third card to be drawn only if the Player has already drawn a third cards and the total has been made with all three cards.
- If the banker’s hand has a total value of seven, the Banco has to stand.
- If the banker’s hand has a total value of eight or nine, both the Punto and the Banco stand.
Tips to bet on Punto Banco
With the purpose of being successful in you baccarat experience, you should follow the following pieces of advice to raise your chances of winning.
- Don’t bet on tie.
- Bet more often on Banca than on Punto.
- Try to find casinos with favourable conditions, such as less decks on the play or low comissions.
- Manage your bankroll wisely.
All in all, Punto Banco is a popular baccarat variation that you surely enjoy if you decide to play and bet on it. Keep in mind that you need to be aware of the rules before you start playing. If you need more information, you can also read our article about how to play baccarat to know more about yhis attractive game.