Atlantic City auctions the possibility of blowing up former Trump casino

By Ucatchers

As we approach the planned implosion of the Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, city officials are offering people the opportunity to press the button demolish the building on January 29.

Atlantic City Mayor Marty Small said Wednesday that they would auction the opportunity to push the button that will demolish the Trump Plaza building. The plan is to donate money from the auction to the Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City.

Mayor Small is set to reveal more details about the pending demolition of Trump Plaza at a press conference to be held Thursday at 11 a.m. local time. The chief officer of Atlantic City said they expect the auction to raise up to $ 1 million.

It is understood that the Boys & Girls Club turned to an auction company to solicit bids for the opportunity to play a key role in the demolition of one of Atlantic City’s most iconic casino properties. Bids can be submitted from Thursday 17 December to 19 January.

The best deals will be revealed on January 19. an auction will be held live to determine the winning bidder.

The Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City offers a variety of after-school and summer recreation, education and professional training programs for children and teens in the city.

The monstrosity of the city will soon disappear

Opened in 1984, Trump Plaza, as its name suggests, was at that time owned by the outgoing US president, Donald Trump. The property was part of the empire of casinos in Atlantic City Trump, which also included Trump Taj Mahal (now Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City) and Trump Marina (now Golden Nugget).

Trump Plaza closed its doors in 2014, one of four Boardwalk casinos that closed that year. Trump had cut most of his ties to Atlantic City at the time. In February 2016, the New York businessman Carl Icahn He took over the company that operated Trump Plaza.

The property has not reopened doors since 2014 and its condition has deteriorated since then. Earlier this year, the former hotel-casino complex was classified as an imminent risk for public safety after parts of its facade to break loose during strong winds and crashed into the sidewalk.

It was expected that the property was demolished in the fall of 2018, but that did not happen. During his unofficial speech on the state of the city in January, Mayor Small said he wanted to see Trump Plaza demolished because it was a “disgrace” and the “biggest eyesore in the city.” The initial demolition work has begun on the site and the implosion is scheduled for Jan. 29.

It is not yet known what would be built on the site once it is cleared. Small mayor said earlier this year that he would be eager to discuss the potential uses land that once housed one of the most glitzy casinos Boardwalk with Mr. Icahn and other potentially interested developers. In addition, he noted that a family attraction was among the possible options.

He said “it is not often that they thrive in the center of the city” and that the city has “an opportunity to do well.”

Related news

Leave a Comment